This article shows how to deposit money to your Naira Wallet.
Your identity must be verified on iDeyPay to deposit money.
You can learn how to verify your identity here.
Money in your Naira Wallet can be used to purchase bitcoin from iDeyPay or on the iDeyPay marketplace (Peer to Peer). You can also send money to anyone with just an email address.
You can learn how to send money to anyone here.
1. Login or Sign Up.
Visit ideypay.com, or download our Android app, iDeyPay from Google Play Store.
Click “Login” if you have an account already, or “Sign up” if you don’t have an iDeyPay account.
2. Go to Deposit Money.
Once you’re signed in, click the “Deposit Money” icon on the dashboard.
Click on the “Wallet” icon then click “Naira Wallet“. Once you are on the page click “Deposit Naira“.
3. Select the Deposit Method option.
On the “Receive Naira” page, select your deposit method.
You can deposit money via Bank Transfer, Card or Account or from other user:
- Bank Transfer: This is the default method; If you choose this method, you will be assigned a unique NUBAN bank account so that you can deposit and transfer in your name.
- Card or Account: This method is instant. You are required to pay with your Nigerian credit card, debit card, bank account or USSD using Paystack on iDeyPay. The transaction charges is stated clearly on the page.
- Other User: You can choose to deposit money by asking another iDeyPay user to send you money with your iDeyPay email address or username.
5. Review your details.
Click “Continue” and then review your details before clicking submit. You will be redirected to the wallet transactions page where you will see the transaction details.
- If your deposit method is Card or Account and your payment is successful, your Naira Wallet will be credited instantly.
- If you selected Bank Transfer, you will need to transfer money to the bank account assigned to you. Your Naira Wallet will be credited immediately the payment is received.
- You cannot actually interact with this account at the bank (going to make to withdraw) since it only exists within the iDeyPay system.